Free DVD Offer

Friday, 18 March 2011

Which Ereader Should I Buy, Kindle 3 Or Kindle DX Graphite Ereader?


I know, with the latest launch of latest Amazon Kindle, the question is obvious, which one should you buy; Kindle 3 or Kindle DX Graphite ereader? It is not such a hard choice though, because the differences in terms of size and usage are quite noticeable.

The Kindle 3 has two versions, one with free 3G Wireless, and the other WiFi only. The former allows you to buy books and browse the internet using the free wireless in the United States and few other countries. The WiFi only version is devoid of 3G, which requires one to buy books online through computer and then transfer the same to the Kindle using USB connectivity. One other option is to get inside a WiFi hotspot to browse the Internet or download books.

The major difference between the two ereaders is that Kindle DX has free 3G Wireless but it doesn't have WiFi. It may not be really an issue in the US because most places have the 3G wireless coverage.

Each of the electronic book readers has it's strengths and which one you should buy actually depends on what your own needs are, whether for personal use or a gift and who you are buying it for. I have always been a fan of bigger screen. I find it more convenient to read and use. But when I had close introspection with the 6" version, I understood why Amazon launched a scaled down version of it. It is because they really wanted to make it more handy and personal. The new one really detaches you from the feeling of using a tablet PC, which is the whole point. You end up getting the impression that you are indeed reading a paperback and not an electronic display.

Broadly kindle DX has a 9.7" screen diagonally and costs $379, and the latest version 3 3g has a 6" screen priced as low as $189.

To conclude, I would say if you can afford the price, it would be good to get the larger screen Kindle DX because it is more like a magazine or a journal. But if you are tight on budget and want something handier, the Kindle 3 is your best bait.








Navigate to one of the hottest online store, LordKindle.com to Review Kindle 3 3G for Sale and DX graphite Ereader yourself.

I own both the models but you can buy Kindle DX Graphite Ereader if the extra large size suits your reading needs better.


No comments:

Post a Comment